Key Concepts Covered by This Free Course
- Develop a spatial database and Django Python application
- Write server-side code for web scraping and ETL
- Use Django to build a front-end for web applications
- Analyze and visualize data using Leaflet
- Understand the concepts of web scraping and mapping dam levels
- Build a project using Python, Django, and Leaflet
Course OverviewIn this course, you will learn how to scrape and map dam levels using Python and Leaflet. You will start by building a spatial database and a Django Python application. Then, you will learn how to write server-side code for web scraping and ETL. Next, you will use Django to build a front-end for web applications. You will also analyze and visualize data using Leaflet. By the end of the course, you will have the skills to build a project using Python, Django, and Leaflet. Web scraping and mapping dam levels are essential skills for professionals in various fields such as hydrology, civil engineering, and environmental science. This course will teach you the fundamentals of these skills and how to apply them in real-world scenarios. You will also learn how to develop a web application and analyze data to gain insights into dam levels. The project-based approach of the course will provide you with practical experience that you can apply in your future projects.
Course BenefitsThis course will teach you the fundamentals of web scraping and mapping dam levels using Python and Leaflet. You will learn how to build a spatial database, a Django Python application, and write server-side code for web scraping and ETL. You will also learn how to analyze and visualize data using Leaflet. By the end of the course, you will have the skills to build a project using Python, Django, and Leaflet. This course is perfect for professionals in hydrology, civil engineering, environmental science, or anyone interested in learning web scraping and mapping dam levels. The skills you learn in this course are in high demand in various industries. You will gain practical experience that you can apply in your future projects. Additionally, the course offers project-based learning that will help you develop problem-solving skills and a portfolio of projects that will showcase your skills to potential employers.
- Data Analyst - Analyze and interpret data to identify trends and patterns.
- Web Developer - Develop and maintain websites and web applications.
- Environmental Scientist - Study the environment and its impact on living organisms.
- Hydrologist - Study water and its distribution, circulation, and properties.
- Civil Engineer - Design and maintain infrastructure projects such as dams and bridges.
- GIS Specialist - Analyze geographic data and create maps using GIS software.
Installing PostgreSQL and PostGIS
Creating the Application Database
Installing Django in a Python Virtual Environment
Installing the ATOM IDE
Creating the Django Base Project
Adding the Database Configuration to the settings.py File
Creating a Model in the models.py File
Extracting Data from the Web
Cleaning and Transforming the Data Part 1
Cleaning and Transforming the Data Part 2
Loading the Data into the Model
Adding the Web Map Tile Service Link in settings.py
Reading from the Model and Creating a GeoJSON Dataset
Adding Template Files (HTML)
Adding a Layout and the Base Map
Plotting Circle Markers
Creating a Sliding Sidebar
Creating a Doughnut Chart
Creating a Multi-Bar Bar Chart
Creating a KPI
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.