Key Concepts Covered by This Free Course:
- Understand the importance of child protection and safeguarding policies.
- Identify and recognize different types of child abuse and adolescent abuse.
- Develop the ability to respond appropriately to the disclosure of child abuse.
- Understand the impact of child abuse and ways to reduce its risks.
- Develop strategies for building resilience, self-confidence, and self-esteem in young people.
- Understand the importance of multi-agency working in the context of safeguarding.
Course OverviewSafeguarding and Protection of Children and Young People is a critical aspect of any community, and this course is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of this topic. Our expert trainers have designed this course to equip you with the knowledge, skills, and understanding to recognize and respond appropriately to safeguarding issues. You'll learn about child protection and safeguarding policies, the different types of child and adolescent abuse, and ways to reduce risks. Additionally, you'll learn how to respond appropriately to disclosures of child abuse, how to build resilience in young people, and the importance of multi-agency working in safeguarding.
Course BenefitsBy completing this course, you'll gain the knowledge, skills, and understanding to identify and respond appropriately to safeguarding issues involving children and young people. You'll learn about different types of abuse, how to respond to disclosures of abuse, and ways to reduce the risks of abuse. Additionally, you'll gain the skills to build resilience, self-confidence, and self-esteem in young people. You'll also learn about the importance of multi-agency working in safeguarding, which is critical for creating safer communities.
- Child Protection Officer - Work with different agencies to safeguard children from harm and abuse.
- Youth Worker - Help young people develop their social and emotional skills.
- Social Worker - Work with children and families to protect them from harm and abuse.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Practitioner - Provide support to children and young people with mental health issues.
- Family Support Worker - Provide support and advice to families dealing with challenging situations.
- Education Welfare Officer - Work with schools and families to support children's attendance and wellbeing.
1: Child Protection, Safeguarding Training & Policy
2: Child and Adolescent Abuse
3: Disclosure of Child Abuse Incident
4: Guidelines During Child Abusive Disclosure
5: Consequences and Reduction of Risks
6: Building Resilience, Self-confidence and Self-esteem in Young People
7: Multi-agency Working in the Context of Safeguarding
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.