Key Concepts Covered by This Free Course:
- Understand the basic principles of infection and infection control.
- Recognize the importance of legislation and policies in infection prevention.
- Learn how to identify and manage infection risks effectively.
- Understand the proper use and disposal of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Learn practical applications of PPE in a variety of situations.
- Understand how diseases can spread person-to-person and how to prevent it.
Course OverviewThe Principles of Infection Prevention and Control course is designed to provide learners with an in-depth understanding of the basic principles of infection prevention and control. The course covers a wide range of topics, from understanding the nature of infections and the importance of legislation and policies, to managing infection risks effectively and learning how to properly use personal protective equipment (PPE). Learners will also gain knowledge of the proper applications of PPE in a variety of situations and understand how diseases can spread person-to-person and how to prevent it. This course is ideal for anyone who works in the healthcare industry, as well as those who want to learn how to prevent infections in their own lives. The course is delivered through interactive and engaging modules, and learners will have access to a variety of resources and materials to help them understand the subject matter more fully. Upon completion of the course, learners will receive a certificate of completion that will attest to their knowledge and skills in the area of infection prevention and control.
Course BenefitsThe Principles of Infection Prevention and Control course offers a wide range of benefits to learners. Firstly, learners will gain a comprehensive understanding of the basic principles of infection prevention and control, which will be invaluable in their personal and professional lives. They will also learn about the importance of legislation and policies in this area, and how to manage infection risks effectively. Learners will also receive practical knowledge of the proper use and disposal of personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as practical applications of PPE in a variety of situations. They will also learn about how diseases can spread person-to-person and how to prevent it. Finally, learners will receive a certificate of completion upon finishing the course, which will attest to their knowledge and skills in this area.
- Infection Preventionist - Responsible for preventing and controlling the spread of infections in hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
- Epidemiologist - Conducts research into the causes and spread of infectious diseases and develops strategies for controlling them.
- Environmental Health Officer - Ensures that public health is protected by assessing and managing environmental health risks.
- Occupational Health Specialist - Ensures that workplaces are safe and healthy for employees by identifying and managing health risks.
- Public Health Nurse - Works to prevent the spread of infectious diseases in the community by providing education and support to individuals and families.
- Health and Safety Officer - Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of employees in the workplace.
1: Introduction to Infection and Infection Control
02: Legislation and Policies
3 Infection Risk & Management
4: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
5 PPE Practical Uses
6: Understanding person-to-person spread of disease
Learners Who Took This Course Also Enrolled In
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.