Key Concepts Covered by This Course
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a nursing assistant in various healthcare settings.
- Comprehend the legal, ethical, and professional standards in nursing practice.
- Develop strong communication skills to effectively interact with patients, their families, and the healthcare team.
- Gain knowledge on maintaining health and safety, personal and environmental hygiene, and infection control in nursing practice.
- Learn about medication administration, understanding the immune system, and patient management for rest, sleep, mobility, pain, and oxygenation.
- Understand the importance of nutrition, fluid and electrolyte balance, and assistance with elimination in patient care.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of aseptic techniques in nursing.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA): Provide basic care to patients and assist them with daily activities they might have trouble with on their own.
- Home Health Aide: Deliver personalised care to patients in their homes, catering to their daily needs and promoting overall wellness.
- Patient Care Technician (PCT): Work in hospital settings to support doctors and nurses in providing comprehensive patient care.
- Caregiver: Assist individuals with disabilities or chronic illnesses, ensuring they lead a comfortable and dignified life.
- Hospital Orderly: Assist in maintaining the cleanliness, safety, and efficiency of hospital departments.
- Psychiatric Aide: Provide care for individuals with mental illnesses or developmental disabilities under the supervision of medical professionals.
- Hospice Aide: Provide compassionate end-of-life care to terminally ill patients while supporting their families during this challenging time.
Nursing History, Job Role, Skills Required
Healthcare Settings Acute, Sub-acute, In-home, Long-term
Legal, Standards and Professional Aspects of Ethical Practice Part – 1
Legal, Standards and Professional Aspects of Ethical Practice Part – 2
Workplace Health, Safety and Wellbeing in Nursing
Hygiene and Care of the Patient in Nursing
Infection Prevention and Control
Asepsis in Nursing
Essential Communication Skills in Nursing
Introduction to Immune System
Rest and Sleep Hygiene
Mobility and Immobility Issues of Patients in Nursing
Pain Management Overview & Treatment Options
Role of Nurse in Nutritional Care
Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
Assisting with Elimination
Basic Concepts of Oxygenation
Learners Who Took This Course Also Enrolled In
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
About Course Publisher
One Education offers a range of courses designed to advance your professional skills, boost your CV and enhance your career. All our courses offer a variety of learning materials including video and audio lectures, online exams, test areas, as well as traditional handouts.