Key Concepts Covered by This Free Course:
- Understanding manual handling and the associated risks
- Identifying manual handling injuries and their causes
- Prevention of manual handling injuries
- Understanding the legislation related to manual handling
- Conducting manual handling risk assessments
- Safe manual handling techniques and practices
- Reporting and recording manual handling accidents
Course Overview:Manual handling is an essential aspect of many workplaces, but it can also pose significant risks to the health and safety of employees. This free course on manual handling is designed to equip learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and effectively manage manual handling tasks in the workplace. The course covers a range of key concepts, including the causes and consequences of manual handling injuries, risk assessments, relevant legislation, and safe practices. This course is ideal for anyone who wants to improve their understanding of manual handling and take steps to ensure their own safety and the safety of those around them. By the end of the course, learners will have gained a comprehensive understanding of manual handling best practices and be better equipped to handle manual handling tasks in their daily work.
Course Benefits:The 'Manual Handling' course will help you gain essential knowledge and skills to ensure your own safety and that of your colleagues while carrying out manual handling tasks. This free course will equip you with the necessary techniques and measures to reduce the risks of manual handling injuries and accidents. With the 'Manual Handling' course, you will learn the legal requirements and standards relating to manual handling, which is essential for employees and employers alike. By the end of the course, you will have the confidence to conduct manual handling risk assessments, ensuring a safe working environment for you and your colleagues.
- Warehouse Operative: Responsible for managing incoming and outgoing shipments, carrying out inventory checks, and ensuring safe manual handling practices.
- Delivery Driver: Responsible for delivering packages and goods safely and efficiently, reducing the risks of manual handling injuries.
- Caregiver: Responsible for providing personal care and assistance to clients, with a focus on safe manual handling practices.
- Construction Worker: Responsible for carrying out manual handling tasks such as lifting and moving materials, ensuring compliance with the relevant health and safety legislation.
- Hospitality Worker: Responsible for ensuring that materials and goods are handled safely, reducing the risks of accidents and injuries in the workplace.
01: Introduction to Manual Handling
02: Manual Handling Injuries, Prevention and Reporting Accidents
03: Manual Handling Risk Assessments and Legislation
04: Reducing, Controlling Risks and Safe Practices
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.