Key Concepts Covered by This Free Course:
- The historical context and modern applications of midwifery.
- Comprehensive knowledge on antenatal, intrapartum, and postnatal care.
- Exploring the cultural, social, and spiritual dimensions of childbearing.
- In-depth study of infant care, including feeding, infection, and health.
- Addressing challenges and ethical considerations in midwifery.
Course Overview:Globally, an estimated 140 million births take place every year. At the heart of each birth is the invaluable role of a midwife, who provides medical assistance and weaves the delicate tapestry of emotional, cultural, and spiritual support. This Introduction to Midwifery Certificate course illuminates the world of midwifery in its grandest scope, tracing its origins and delving deep into the multifaceted practices of today. Beyond clinical procedures, the curriculum explores the rich socio-cultural and ethical facets that surround childbirth, giving learners a holistic perspective that's indispensable in today's global maternity care landscape.
Course Benefits:This course offers a panoramic view of midwifery, seamlessly blending its rich history with essential skills for today's practice. You'll grasp the diverse roles midwives play from pregnancy to postpartum, understand the significance of cultural sensitivity in childbirth, and delve into the physical and emotional intricacies of maternal and neonatal care. Tailored for those aspiring to this noble profession, this curriculum is your stepping stone to a rewarding career in midwifery.
- Antenatal Care Specialist: Guiding expectant mothers through the stages of pregnancy.
- Intrapartum Care Advisor: Offering crucial support during the labour process.
- Postnatal Care Consultant: Ensuring the well-being of mothers post-childbirth.
- Childbirth Cultural Liaison: Bridging cultural and social nuances in childbearing practices.
- Ethical Counsellor in Midwifery: Addressing and guiding on ethical dilemmas in the field.
01: Definition and Origin of Midwifery
02: Midwifery as a Career Option
03: Midwifery Management and Education
04: Midwives’ Role in Health and Inequality
05: Social, Cultural and Spiritual Context of Childbearing
06: Antenatal Care and Screening
07: Midwifery Support in Labour: Intrapartum Care
08: Induction of labour
09: Postnatal Care as a Midwife
10: Nurture and Nature: The Healthy Newborn
11: Stillbirth, Neonatal Death and Bereavement
12: Infant feeding
13: Newborn Infection
14: Home Birth
15: Complementary and Alternative Medicines Applied to Maternity Care
16: Pharmacology and Medicines Management
17: Bleeding in Pregnancy
18: Medical Disorders of Pregnancy
19: Pre-term Labour
20: Twins and higher-order births
21: Care During the Third Stage of Labour
22: Terminology and Abbreviations for Midwifery
23: Perinatal mental health
24: Supporting a Healthy Pregnancy
25: Contraception and family planning
26: Effective Communication for Midwifery
27: Ethics in Midwifery
Learners Who Took This Course Also Enrolled In
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
About Course Publisher
Training Express is a leading course provider, established by a dedicated team of experts working across the UK. We deliver accredited certification and training to UK businesses looking to improve organisational performance. Our comprehensive courses cover a broad range of sectors and industries, with a focus on promoting high standards of food hygiene, business wellbeing and safety in the workplace.