Key Concepts Covered by This Free Course
- Learn how to create basic maps using Folium in Python.
- Gain an understanding of markers and how to add them to maps.
- Create point and choropleth maps to visualize geospatial data.
- Measure boundaries and distances on maps.
- Create layers and basemaps to customize map visualizations.
- Share and export maps created in Folium.
Course OverviewThe world is filled with data, and much of that data is location-based. Being able to visualize and analyze this geospatial data is essential in many fields, from business to environmental science. That's where Folium and Python come in. This course provides an introduction to creating interactive maps with Folium and Python, perfect for anyone interested in geospatial data visualization. Through this course, you'll learn how to create maps with markers, point maps, choropleth maps, and heatmaps. You'll also learn how to measure boundaries and distances on maps, create layers and basemaps, and share and export your maps. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of how to use Folium and Python to create powerful, interactive maps that allow you to explore and analyze geospatial data.
Course BenefitsThis course provides a comprehensive introduction to creating interactive maps with Folium and Python. You'll gain practical skills that you can apply to many fields, from business to environmental science. By the end of the course, you'll be able to create customized maps that allow you to explore and analyze geospatial data. Through a series of hands-on exercises and projects, you'll gain a deep understanding of the tools and techniques used to create interactive maps. You'll also develop your Python programming skills and gain experience working with geospatial data. Whether you're a data analyst, GIS specialist, or just interested in learning more about geospatial data visualization, this course is the perfect way to get started.
- GIS Analyst: A GIS Analyst uses geospatial data to create maps and visualizations for a variety of applications, including urban planning, environmental science, and business.
- Data Analyst: A Data Analyst uses data to identify trends and patterns, providing insights that can inform business decisions.
- Environmental Scientist: An Environmental Scientist studies the natural world, often using geospatial data to understand and address environmental issues.
- Urban Planner: An Urban Planner uses geospatial data to create plans and designs for urban areas, helping to shape the built environment.
- Business Analyst: A Business Analyst uses data to identify opportunities and optimize business processes, often working with location-based data.
- Remote Sensing Analyst: A Remote Sensing Analyst uses geospatial data collected by satellites and other sensors to create maps and visualizations for a variety of applications.
Creating your first folium map
Creating and Styling Markers
Creating a Point Map
Creating a Choropleth Map Part 1
Creating a Choropleth Map Part 2
Measuring Boundaries Part 1
Measuring Boundaries Part 2
Creating a Layer Control
Creating a Heatmap
Sharing and Exporting our Maps
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.