Key Concepts Covered by This Free Course:
- Understand the basics of clinical coding.
- Learn about clinical terminology and jargons.
- Gain insights into ICD-10 coding and general coding standards.
- Learn about OPCS-4 and SNOMED CT.
- Understand legal and ethical aspects of working in a clinical environment.
- Gain knowledge of other types of clinical coding.
Course OverviewThe Clinical Coding - Online Course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to work as a clinical coder. With modules covering everything from the introduction to clinical coding to legal and ethical aspects of working in a clinical environment, this course offers a comprehensive understanding of the field. You will learn about clinical terminology and jargons, as well as the basics of ICD-10 coding and general coding standards. You will also gain knowledge of OPCS-4 and SNOMED CT, and other types of clinical coding. By completing the Clinical Coding - Online Course, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed as a clinical coder. Whether you are looking to start a new career in clinical coding or improve your skills in your current role, this course provides the information you need to excel.
Course BenefitsThe Clinical Coding - Online Course offers numerous benefits for anyone looking to develop their clinical coding skills. By completing this course, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of clinical coding, including terminology, jargons, and legal and ethical aspects. You will also learn about ICD-10 coding and general coding standards, as well as OPCS-4 and SNOMED CT. With this knowledge, you will be equipped to work as a clinical coder in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Clinical Coder - Assign codes to clinical records for billing and statistical purposes.
- Medical Records Technician - Manage patient records and ensure their accuracy.
- Health Information Manager - Oversee the collection, analysis, and dissemination of healthcare information.
- Compliance Officer - Ensure a healthcare organization is in compliance with coding and billing regulations.
- Medical Coder Auditor - Review coded medical records to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Medical Billing Specialist - Submit medical claims and bills to insurance companies and patients.
01: Introduction to Clinical Coding
02: Introduction to Clinical Records Its Confidentiality
03: Clinical Terminology and Jargons
04: Introduction to ICD-10 Coding
05: General Coding Standards of ICD-10
06: ICD-10 5th Edition Codes (Chapter 1 to 4)
07: ICD-10 5th Edition Codes (Chapter 5 to 10)
08: ICD-10 5th Edition Codes (Chapter 11 to 15)
09: ICD-10 5th Edition Codes (Chapter 16 to 22)
10: Introduction to OPCS-4
11: Introduction to SNOMED CT
12: Other types of Clinical Coding
13: Legal and Ethical Aspects of Working in a Clinical Environment
Learners Who Took This Course Also Enrolled In
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.