Key Concepts Covered by This Free Course
- Understanding the fundamentals of web GIS application development.
- Installing and setting up the required software components.
- Building a Java Spring Boot MVC application and writing back-end code.
- Creating RESTful API services with Java Spring.
- Building front-end applications using Thymeleaf and Leaflet.js.
- Developing and deploying a complete web GIS application.
Course OverviewIn the era of big data, geographic information systems (GIS) have become a vital tool for businesses and organizations. This course teaches you how to build web GIS applications using Java Spring Boot MVC and Leaflet, two of the most popular technologies in the field. With this course, you will gain hands-on experience with all aspects of web GIS application development, from setting up software to deploying a fully functional application. This course is perfect for web developers, GIS professionals, and anyone who wants to learn how to build web GIS applications using Java Spring Boot MVC and Leaflet. By the end of the course, you will have the skills and knowledge to develop and deploy a complete web GIS application, making you a valuable asset in any GIS-related job.
- GIS Application Developer: Develop and maintain GIS applications using Java Spring Boot MVC and Leaflet.
- Full-Stack Developer: Build web applications using a combination of front-end and back-end technologies, including Java Spring Boot MVC and Leaflet.
- GIS Analyst: Use GIS software to analyze and visualize spatial data.
- Web Developer: Develop and maintain web applications using Java Spring Boot MVC and Leaflet.
- Software Engineer: Design and develop software systems using Java Spring Boot MVC and other technologies.
- Data Analyst: Analyze and visualize data using GIS and other tools.
Installing PostgreSQL and PostGIS on Windows
Creating a Spatial Database
Installing Java JDK
Installing Apache Maven
Installing the Spring Tool Suite (STS) IDE
Creating a Java Spring Starter Project
Modifying the pom.xml File
Modifying the Application Properties
Creating the Model Class
Creating the Model Repository Interface
Creating the Utility Class
Creating the Service Interface
Creating the Service Implementation Class
Downloading the Sample Dataset
Extract Transform and Load Data into our Spatial Table
Creating the REST Controller Class
Adding the Front-End Static Files
Creating the Layout Page
Creating the Index Page
Creating our First Leaflet Map
Creating Multiple Basemaps
Displaying Data on the Map
Classifying Data on the Map
Creating the Legend
Creating the Bar Chart Legend
Creating the Bar Chart
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.