Key Concepts Covered by This Free Course
- Understand the basics of ASP.NET Core MVC application development.
- Develop web-based applications using the ASP.NET Core MVC framework.
- Build RESTful web services with ASP.NET Core.
- Implement Leaflet.js to create interactive web maps.
- Build front-end views using Bootstrap and Leaflet.js.
- Gain experience with building and deploying web-based GIS applications.
Course OverviewIn today's digital age, web mapping applications have become an essential part of our daily lives. From finding directions to tracking natural disasters, web GIS applications have a wide range of applications. The Web GIS Application Development with C# ASP.NET Core MVC and Leaflet course is designed to teach you how to develop web-based GIS applications using C# ASP.NET Core MVC and Leaflet.js. Throughout this course, you will learn how to build a web-based GIS application from scratch. You will begin by setting up the development environment, creating an ASP.NET Core MVC application, and building the back-end code for the application. You will then create a RESTful web service and integrate Leaflet.js to create interactive web maps. Finally, you will create front-end views using Bootstrap and deploy your web GIS application. By the end of this course, you will have the skills and knowledge required to develop web-based GIS applications using C# ASP.NET Core MVC and Leaflet.js.
Course BenefitsThe Web GIS Application Development with C# ASP.NET Core MVC and Leaflet course provides a comprehensive learning experience for anyone interested in developing web-based GIS applications. Upon completing this course, you will gain a solid understanding of the ASP.NET Core MVC framework, Leaflet.js, and front-end web development with Bootstrap. You will also gain hands-on experience with building RESTful web services and deploying web-based GIS applications. This course is perfect for anyone who wants to expand their skill set and pursue a career in web development, GIS, or related fields.
- Web Developer: Develop and maintain web-based applications using C# ASP.NET Core MVC and other web technologies.
- GIS Developer: Develop GIS applications and tools using C# ASP.NET Core MVC and other GIS technologies.
- Full-Stack Developer: Develop both front-end and back-end web applications using a variety of technologies, including C# ASP.NET Core MVC.
- Software Developer: Develop software applications using C# ASP.NET Core MVC and other software development technologies.
- Web Application Developer: Develop web applications using C# ASP.NET Core MVC and other web technologies.
- Front-End Developer: Develop and maintain the user interface of web-based applications using front-end web development technologies such as Bootstrap and Leaflet.js.
Installing PostgreSQL and PostGIS on Windows
Creating a Spatial Database
Installing the .NET SDK
Installing the Visual Studio Code IDE
Creating an ASP.NET MVC 6 Starter Project
Installing Entity Framework Core Packages
Creating the Model Class
Creating the Data Context Interface
Creating the Data Context Class
Adding the Connection String
Creating the Repository Interface
Creating the Repository Implementation Class
Downloading the Sample Dataset
Extract Transform and Load Data into our Spatial Table
Creating the REST Controller Class
Adding the Front-End Static Files
Creating the Layout Page
Creating the Index Page
Creating our First Leaflet Map
Creating Multiple Basemaps
Displaying Data on the Map
Styling the Map Part 1
Styling the Map Part 2: Interactivity
Creating the Legend
Creating the Bar Chart Legend
Creating the Bar Chart
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.