Key Concepts Covered by This Free Course:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of leadership concepts in the teaching profession.
- Acquire essential skills and knowledge required for effective teacher leadership.
- Learn strategies for managing stress and promoting mental health in schools.
- Explore the role of mentoring in enhancing teaching quality and leadership development.
- Understand the complexities of special educational needs (SEN) in children.
- Familiarize with relevant confidentiality and legislation issues in education.
Course OverviewElevate your teaching career with our Leadership in Teaching course, designed to empower educators with the skills and knowledge necessary to become effective leaders within their institutions. Delve into teacher leadership concepts, refine your leadership skills, and understand the key areas of activity that make a lasting impact on student outcomes. This comprehensive program also addresses the importance of mental health and special educational needs, equipping you with the tools to create an inclusive and supportive learning environment. By understanding the nuances of mentoring and relevant legislation, you'll be well-prepared to lead your educational community to success.
Course BenefitsOur Leadership in Teaching course offers participants invaluable insights into the world of educational leadership. You'll develop a strong foundation in leadership principles, enabling you to effectively guide and support your fellow educators. The course also highlights essential stress management techniques, ensuring that you can maintain a healthy work environment for both yourself and your colleagues. In addition, you'll gain a deeper understanding of special educational needs and mental health, allowing you to create more inclusive and empathetic classrooms. By mastering these crucial aspects of education, you'll not only enhance your own teaching practices but also contribute to the overall success of your educational community.
- Teacher Leader: Guide and support fellow educators in implementing best teaching practices.
- School Administrator: Oversee daily operations and manage resources within a school setting.
- Instructional Coach: Provide professional development and support to teachers for improved instruction.
- Special Education Coordinator: Design and implement programs for students with special educational needs.
- Curriculum Developer: Create and evaluate educational materials to enhance learning experiences.
- School Counselor: Support student mental health and wellbeing, and provide academic guidance.
01: An introduction to Leadership in Teaching
02: Teacher Leadership
03: The Skills of Teacher Leadership
04: What Teacher Leaders Need to Know
05: Stressors and Stress Management in Schools
06: Mentoring as part of effective leadership
07: Effects of Good Mentoring on Quality of Teaching
08: Main Areas of Activity in Teacher leadership
09: Mental Health in the Workplace
10: Understanding Mental Health in Children
11: Understanding SEN in children
12: Confidentiality and legislation
Learners Who Took This Course Also Enrolled In
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.