Key Concepts Covered by This Course
- Fundamentals and importance of IT security
- How to develop and implement effective security policies and procedures
- Techniques for safeguarding network and operating system security
- Understanding and applying cryptography and encryption
- Best practices for web and wireless security, including emerging trends
Course OverviewDive into the world of IT security with our comprehensive "IT Security Basics" course. A career in IT Security can be extremely rewarding if you get the right training and gain the right skills. You can earn from $60,000 upto $240,000 per year as you gain more experience. Designed for aspiring IT professionals and those looking to enhance their skills, this IT Security Basics course covers everything from the fundamentals of IT security to the latest emerging trends. You'll learn about security policies, network and operating system security, cryptography, web and wireless security, and more. Each module is crafted to provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to protect information and data in today's digital world. So enroll in this IT Security Basics course without any worry. It's Free!
- Build a solid foundation in IT security concepts and best practices
- Gain practical skills for implementing security measures and protecting data
- Learn about the latest trends and technologies in IT security
- Boost your confidence and capabilities in the IT field
- Enhance your resume and increase your job prospects in the growing field of IT security
- Increase your salary at your current job by showing your IT Security skills
- Get CPD-accredited and CIQ-endorsed Certificate for career growth
Career PathUpon completion of this Free IT Security Basics course, you will have the knowledge and skills to pursue a range of high-paying careers, such as:
- Entry-level IT Security Analyst: $60,000 - $85,000 per year
- Security Consultant: $70,000 - $110,000 per year
- IT Security Manager: $90,000 - $140,000 per year
- Cybersecurity Analyst: $80,000 - $120,000 per year
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO): $140,000 - $240,000 per year
More About This TopicAs technology continues to evolve and cyber threats become more sophisticated, the importance of IT security has grown highly in recent years. Cybersecurity is now considered one of the top priorities for organizations worldwide. Jobs related to IT Security are available everywhere and it’s easy to get one if you have the right knowledge and skills. Here are some interesting facts and general information about IT security that you may not have known. Did You Know?
- Bob Thomas of BBN created the Creeper program, widely regarded as the first virus, in 1971.
- Cybercrime costs the global economy around $6 trillion each year.
- The average cost of a data breach for a company is $4.45 million.
- There is a cyber attack every 39 seconds.
- Almost 75% of cyber attacks start with an email.
Key Areas in IT SecurityLet’s look at some key areas in IT Security.
- Network Security: This involves protecting a computer network infrastructure from unauthorized access, misuse, or theft.
- Operating System Security: This focuses on safeguarding the operating system from viruses, malware, and other malicious software.
- Cryptography and Encryption: These are techniques used to protect information by transforming it into a secure format.
- Web Security: This involves protecting websites and web applications from cyber threats.
1 Introduction to IT Security
2 Security Policies and Procedures
3 Network Security
4 Operating System Security
5 Cryptography and Encryption
6 Web Security (1)
7 Wireless Security (1)
8 Emerging Trends in IT Security (1)
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
About Course Publisher
Training Express is a leading course provider, established by a dedicated team of experts working across the UK. We deliver accredited certification and training to UK businesses looking to improve organisational performance. Our comprehensive courses cover a broad range of sectors and industries, with a focus on promoting high standards of food hygiene, business wellbeing and safety in the workplace.