- Understand the purpose and importance of minute writing in a business setting.
- Prepare effectively for minute-taking and create a structured approach to the task.
- Identify and describe the various elements of a meeting, including the roles of participants.
- Create clear, concise and accurate minutes that capture the essence of a meeting.
- Comprehend the difference between decisions and actions and how to record them effectively in minutes.
- Develop strategies to deal with difficult situations during a meeting.
- Apply effective communication and listening approaches when taking minutes.
Course OverviewThis course is developed to equip you with the wisdom, methods and techniques you need to become an effective minute-taker. Throughout the course, you will learn the purpose and importance of minute writing and develop a structured approach to prepare for and take minutes. You will also learn how to create clear, concise and accurate minutes that capture the essence of a meeting and how to record decisions and actions effectively. The course will cover the various elements of a meeting, including the roles of individuals, and equip you with the strategies you need to deal with difficult situations. You will also develop your communication and listening approaches, ensuring you can capture all the necessary details during a meeting.
Course BenefitsThis course will benefit anyone who needs to take minutes in a business setting. By the end of the course, you will clearly understand the purpose and importance of minute writing and will have developed a structured approach to prepare for and take minutes. As a result, you can create clear, concise and accurate minutes that capture the essence of a meeting and record decisions and actions effectively. The course will also equip you with the wisdom to deal with difficult situations during a meeting and improve your communication and listening skills. By developing these skills, you will become a more effective minute-taker and be able to make a valuable contribution to any meeting you attend. So, whether you are new to minute-taking or looking to improve your understanding, this course is for you.
- Executive Assistant - Organizes and manages the executives' schedule, takes minutes during meetings, and performs other administrative tasks.
- Project Coordinator - Coordinates project activities and meetings, takes minutes during sessions, and tracks project progress.
- Administrative Assistant - Performs administrative tasks, schedules meetings, takes minutes during meetings and assists with other projects as needed.
- Office Manager - Manages office operations, schedules meetings, takes minutes during meetings and supervises administrative staff.
- Human Resources Coordinator - Coordinates HR activities, schedules meetings, takes minutes during meetings and assists with recruiting and employee relations.
- Legal Secretary - Performs legal administrative tasks, schedules meetings, takes minutes during meetings and assists with legal research and drafting documents.
- Marketing Coordinator - Coordinates marketing activities, schedules meetings, takes minutes during meetings and assists with developing marketing strategies and campaigns.
Introduction to Minute Writing
Preparation for Minute Taking
The Meeting Structure
Minute Meetings, Decisions and Actions
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
About Course Publisher
Training Express is a leading course provider, established by a dedicated team of experts working across the UK. We deliver accredited certification and training to UK businesses looking to improve organisational performance. Our comprehensive courses cover a broad range of sectors and industries, with a focus on promoting high standards of food hygiene, business wellbeing and safety in the workplace.