Key Concepts Covered by This Free Course:
- Understand the gas safety legislation and regulations applicable in the industry.
- Learn the fundamentals of combustion and transmission systems of pipes and flues.
- Master the concepts of ventilation, tightness testing, and meter regulator check.
- Gain proficiency in identifying appliance pressures, gas rates, and emergency isolation controls and valves.
- Acquire knowledge of gas safety devices, warning labeling, and emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Learn the standards for chimney inspection and testing and the safe use of gas appliances.
Course OverviewGas safety is a vital aspect of working with gas appliances and requires specialized training. This comprehensive online course covers all the necessary information about gas safety, from legislation and regulations to combustion, transmission systems, and emergency procedures. The course also provides hands-on training in identifying appliance pressures, gas rates, emergency isolation controls, and valves. Participants will learn about the latest gas safety devices and warning labeling and acquire knowledge about the standards for chimney inspection and testing. The course is designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge required to work safely and effectively with gas appliances.
Course BenefitsThis gas safety course is an essential training program for anyone working with gas appliances. Participants will gain valuable knowledge and skills in gas safety legislation, combustion, transmission systems, ventilation, appliance pressures, and gas rates. They will learn how to perform tightness testing, meter regulator checks, and emergency isolation controls and valves. The course will also cover gas safety devices, warning labeling, and emergency and evacuation procedures. Upon completion of the course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of gas safety and be equipped to work safely and effectively with gas appliances.
- Gas Engineer: A gas engineer installs, repairs and maintains gas appliances, heating systems and boilers.
- Gas Service Technician: A gas service technician carries out routine maintenance and safety checks on gas appliances and heating systems.
- Gas Safety Inspector: A gas safety inspector inspects and certifies gas installations and appliances for safety and compliance with regulations.
- Heating Engineer: A heating engineer installs and maintains heating systems and boilers, including those that run on gas.
- HVAC Technician: An HVAC technician installs and maintains heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, including gas-powered units.
- Gas Appliance Repair Technician: A gas appliance repair technician diagnoses and repairs faulty gas appliances and heating systems.
01: Gas Safety Legislation
03: Transmission System: Pipes and Flues
05: Tightness Testing
06: Meter Regulator Check
07: Appliance Pressures and Gas Rates
08: Emergency Isolation Controls and Valves
09: Gas Safety Devices and Controls
10: Gas Warning Labelling
11: Emergency and Evacuation Procedures
12: Chimney Standards, Inspection and Testing
13: Gas Appliances and Safety
Learners Who Took This Course Also Enrolled In
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.