- Understand the basics of genealogy research and its importance in family history.
- Identify the structure and function of DNA and its role in genealogy.
- Evaluate the usefulness of DNA testing in genealogy and its limitations.
- Analyse the ethical implications of DNA testing in genealogy.
- Differentiate between the types of DNA tests used in genealogy research.
- Develop effective genealogical research crafts and strategies.
- Locate and interpret English genealogy records for family history research.
Course Overview:Discover the DNA and Genealogy Course, designed to provide an overview of the essential elements for researching your ancestry. This comprehensive course is divided into eight modules and covers everything from the fundamentals of genealogy research to exploring English genealogy records. In this course, you will gain a deep understanding of DNA, its structure, and its role in genealogy. You will explore the usefulness of DNA testing in genealogy and its limitations. Additionally, you will analyse the ethical issues surrounding DNA testing in genealogy research. You will also learn about the different types of DNA tests used in genealogy research and develop effective genealogical research strategies. By the end of this course, you will be able to locate and interpret English genealogy records, opening up a new world of family history research.
Course Benefits:The DNA and Genealogy Course offers a wealth of benefits for anyone interested in exploring their family history. You will learn how to conduct effective genealogical research and develop a deep understanding of DNA and its role in genealogy. This course will enable you to make informed decisions about DNA testing for genealogy research, and you will gain the wisdom to interpret English genealogy records. The course offers flexibility, allowing you to study at your own pace and convenience. You will have access to course materials and resources 24/7, providing you with the freedom to learn when and where you choose. Upon completing the course, you will understand the essential elements for conducting successful genealogy research.
- Genealogy Researcher - Conduct genealogical research and analysis to trace family history.
- DNA Analyst - Analyze DNA test results to provide genealogical information to clients.
- Archivist - Preserve and organise historical records, including genealogical information.
- Librarian - Assist patrons with research and access to genealogical resources.
- Historian - Conduct research, interpret historical information, and write about genealogy.
- Museum Curator - Collect, preserve, and interpret historical artefacts and genealogical information.
Introduction to Genealogy
Introduction to DNA
The Use of DNA Testing in Genealogy
DNA Testing Ethical Issues
Types of DNA Testing for Genealogy
Rules for Effective Genealogical Research
English Genealogy Finding the Records- Part 1
English Genealogy Finding the Records- Part 2
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
About Course Publisher
One Education offers a range of courses designed to advance your professional skills, boost your CV and enhance your career. All our courses offer a variety of learning materials including video and audio lectures, online exams, test areas, as well as traditional handouts.