- Develop an understanding of the psychological impacts of COVID-19 on individuals and communities.
- Acquire knowledge of psychological first aid principles and techniques to support and assist those affected by COVID-19.
- Learn to identify and assess psychological distress in individuals and provide appropriate interventions and referrals.
- Gain the ability to communicate effectively with individuals and communities impacted by COVID-19, showing empathy and understanding.
- Enhance problem-solving and decision-making abilities to handle complex and challenging situations related to COVID-19.
- Develop self-care strategies to manage stress and maintain well-being while providing psychological first aid.
- Improve collaboration and teamwork to work effectively with other healthcare professionals and community members.
- Gain a deeper understanding of cultural and diversity issues in providing psychological first aid to diverse populations affected by COVID-19.
Course Description:COVID-19: Psychological First Aid is a course designed to provide students with an understanding of the scientific discipline impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and to equip them with the aptitude to provide psychological first aid. This undefined covers various topics, including the bearing of disasters on poor health, the principles of science first aid, and effective communication with individuals experiencing distress. Students will learn how to place and respond to common psychological reactions to the COVID-19 pandemic, such as anxiety, grief, and trauma. The course also covers the importance of self-care for individuals who supply psychological first aid. Through lectures and examples, learners will understand the principles and practices of science first aid in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Course Benefits:COVID-19: Psychological First Aid equips students with the knowledge and skills required to provide psychological support to individuals experiencing distress due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Graduates of the program will be able to apply their understanding of scientific discipline number 1 aid to help individuals make out with the impact of the pandemic. They expect to be able to place common psychological reactions to the pandemic, provide feeling support and practical assistance, and facilitate access to professional services when necessary. Additionally, students will understand the importance of self-care for individuals who offer psychological number 1 aid and will be equipped with strategies to manage their emotional well-being. By the termination of the course, learners will have a deep understanding of the principles and practices of psychological number 1 aid in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, they will be equipped to positively impact the lives of individuals and communities.
- Crisis Counselor: Provides counselling and support to individuals and communities affected by crises and trauma, such as COVID-19.
- Social Worker: Supports individuals and families in various settings, such as hospitals, clinics, and community agencies, addressing a range of psychological and social issues related to COVID-19.
- Mental Health Counselor: Provides counselling and therapy to individuals and groups affected by mental health issues related to COVID-19, such as anxiety and depression.
- Public Health Educator: Develops and implements educational programs to promote mental health and well-being related to COVID-19.
- Disaster Response Coordinator: Coordinates and manages disaster response efforts, including psychological first aid, in collaboration with other organisations and agencies.
- Community Outreach Coordinator: Develops and implements outreach programs and initiatives to engage and support communities affected by COVID-19.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Recruits, trains, and manages volunteers to provide psychological first aid and support to those affected by COVID-19.
01: Introduction to COVID-19: A Psychological First Aid
02: Psychological Consequences Human Faced Due to COVID-19
03: An Overview of the Impact of Quarantine on People during COVID-19
04: Impacts of COVID-19 on Children’s Mental Health
05: Impacts of COVID-19 Contributing to Young Generation’s Mental Health
06: Impacts on Older Generations
07: Psychological Aids to be Taken regarding the Impacts on Children
08: Coping Mechanism for Stress during COVID-19
09: Psychological First Aid in COVID-19 Outbreak
10: Remote Psychological First Aid Options
11: Psychological Aid Instructions by WHO on Dealing Mental Health Issues Caused by The Pandemic
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Framed Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD accredited Adams Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Adams Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Adams Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.